TCF Bank is currently running a free $50 checking account promotion which can be opened either online or at a local branch. Here is the best part – all you need is $25 to fund the new checking account. How’s that for a return on investment?!
Also, if you Tell A Friend and they end up signing up, you get an extra $25.00!
TCF Bank Checking Account Bonus Terms and Conditions:
(as seen on promotion page):
- This offer is available to individuals and small businesses without a TCF Checking account in the past 90 days.
- $25 minimum to open a TCF Totally Free Checking account.
- The value will be reported to the recipient as interest income on Form 1099-INT. Customer is responsible for all applicable taxes.
- If opening the account in a TCF Branch in AZ, CO, MN or MI, cash will be credited into the appropriate account by the Business Day following the date the account was opened. If opening the account in a TCF Branch in IL, IN or WI, cash will be credited into the appropriate account on the date of account opening. If opening the account online, please allow up to 4 weeks for the credit to post to your account.
- A minimum opening deposit of $100 is required to qualify for the $50 cash offer in Arizona
About TCF Bank:
TCF Bank a subsidiary of TCF Financial. The bank has almost 450 locations in the states mentioned above. Since their inception in 1923, they’ve grown to control roughly $12.8 in consumer deposits and service roughly $15 billion in loans. TCF Bank is federally insured by the FDIC (number 28330).
This is a solid cash bonus for a new checking account, but there are better ones available currently. We don’t particularly like the fee structures associated with many banking functions by TCF (overdrafts $35, stop payment $35, return deposit $35, domestic outbound wire transfer $30, domestic inbound wire transfer $15) but we like the fact that their checking accounts are free. They reduced the minimum balance on these accounts to $0 back in 2010.