Another checking account bonus offer came into our inbox over the weekend, this time from Suntrust Bank out of Atlanta (visit their promo page here). SunTrust Bank is one of the nations largest financial holding companies by asset size controlling roughly $172 billion as of September of ’09. Their checking account bonus is available through April 30, 2010 (more details below).
It seems like more and more banks have been giving away these checking account offers lately to try and shore up new business. Over the last month BankVibe.com has noted over 5 of these types of deals. Our top 3 are listed below…
Hutington Bank’s $100 checking account offer – New money only. Good through the end of February.
Chase Bank’s $100 checking account offer – New money only. Chase frequently offers these deals, this one was an extension of a previous offer. Good through March 15, 2010.
Capital One’s $300 rewards checking account offer – You must use the coupon code and make a stop in a physical branch.
SunTrust Bank’s $150 bonus details:
- $150 Incentive for “New Clients”:
- Client receives $50 when they open a new SunTrust personal checking account from February 1, 2010 through April 30, 2010, enroll their new SunTrust personal checking account in the promotion via suntrust.com/solid, and make three bill payments through SunTrust Online Banking with Bill Pay within the next two calendar months out of the new personal checking account enrolled in the promotion.
- To receive the additional $100, the client must qualify for the $50 offer and must continue to make at least three payments each month for the next consecutive three months through SunTrust Online Banking with Bill Pay out of the same personal checking account enrolled in the promotion.
- When SunTrust determines that the client met all the terms of each section, SunTrust will direct deposit the appropriate amount into the primary SunTrust personal checking account enrolled in the promotion through suntrust.com/solid up to 10 weeks after the last bill payment was processed.
- Client bill payment status must show “Processed” to be eligible.
- The SunTrust personal checking account must be open and in good standing at the time the direct deposit is paid.
- Offer cannot be combined with any other offer.
- Offer valid for U.S. residents.
- Client must be 18 years or older to participate.
- SunTrust may report to the IRS the value of the incentive and any applicable taxes are the responsibility of the recipient.