This week we’re continuing with our coverage of the best mortgage rates offered by credit unions – and today we’re narrowing in on credit unions serving residents of North Carolina. Like we always suggest when searching for any new bank product, be sure to browse the rates offered by your local credit unions as they can sometimes beat out the rates offered by local and national banks. Credit unions are not-for-profit financial institutions which are usually owned by their members. And because credit unions aren’t profit driven with shareholders to please, they can, in many cases, offer their members lower loan rates and higher savings rates.
The credit unions residing in North Carolina with the lowest mortgage rates this week offer a wide range of mortgage, refinance and home loan products. However we’ve only listed the mortgage rates which are beating the national average by the highest margins. If you live in North Carolina and have recently refinanced your home, applied for a new home loan or mortgage and obtained a better APR then the ones we’ve featured below, please share by leaving a comment!
Related: Fifth Third Bank’s mortgage rates and consumer reviews (locations in North Carolina and most of the east coast.)
Lowest Mortgage Rates from North Carolina Credit Unions:
(Rates accurate as of June 2011. Visit the individual institution’s website for updated rates and information.)
- First Flight Federal Credit Union (New Bern, NC) has a 30 year fixed rate mortgage with an interest rate of 4.875% with 0 origination fees and 20% down.
- Members Credit Union (Winston Salem, NC) has a 30 year fixed rate mortgage with an interest rate of 4.625% with 0 origination fees and 20% down.
- Carolinas Telco Federal Credit Union (Raleigh, NC) has a 15 year fixed rate mortgage with an interest rate of 3.75% with 0.50% origination fees and 20% down.
- Champion Credit Union (Waynesville, NC) has a 15 year fixed rate mortgage with an interest rate of 5.50% with 1.0% origination fees and 10% down.
- Coastal Federal Credit Union (Raleigh, NC) has a 5 year ARM (adjustable rate mortgage) with an interest rate of 3.00% with 0.25% origination fees and 20% down.