We were recently tipped off on some sweet perks coming from the infamous ING Direct. Apparently you can earn up to $283 in cash bonuses from ING Direct with a few promotional codes and new accounts, BUT, to earn the bonus it will require a decent amount of effort from the consumer.
We’ll break it down for you below…
First, you’ll need you to be willing to open a checking, IRA and ShareBuilder account. The benefits of having these particular accounts all located at one bank is going to make future banking decisions and transactions much easier anyway so this should be accomplished by the consumer purely as a means of efficiency (regardless of who you end of banking through). Consolidating these three accounts to operate under one bank is going to help you with making regular transfers from your checking accounts to you IRA accounts and to your brokerage accounts. When you opt for different banks to fulfill these individual needs it, more times than not, leads to unnecessary headaches for the consumer.
ING Direct Electric Orange Checking Bonus
step 1 – $83 Bonus
While ING Direct is always offering a $50 bonus to the public, we were able to obtain a reference code to allow our readers to earn $33 more.
- Visit this ING page and click the ‘Apply Now’ button
- Use the following reference code 83DEAL
- Earn $50: Make 3 Card purchases and/or Person2Person Payments within 45 days of account opening and your bonus will be paid on say 50
- Earn $33: Set up Direct Deposit and have two direct deposits made of at least $250 to your Electric Orange account by March 31st. The $33 cash bonus will be paid on April 8th.
The current APY as of 1/26/2011 is 1.20% for balances between $50 – $100k, 0.25% for below $50k and 1.25% for balances over $100k.
Step 2 – $50 “Retire MyWay IRA Bonus”
If you are currently considering an IRA, the ING Direct option for both CD and Savings are both competitive and FDIC-insured. If you have plan to keep the balance low, the saving option may be a better option with a 1.10% APY. To earn the $50 bonus, you will need to:
- Visit their promotional page
- Open an FDIC-insured IRA (Savings or CD)
- Deposit $200 into your account by February 7
- Receive a $50 bonus by February 28, 2011 (counts toward your 2011 IRA contribution limit)
Step 3 – $50 ShareBuilder New Account Bonus
Details to opening account: No account minimums, invest as much as you like and pay as little as $4 when you use automatic investing. From today until March 31st 2011, new account members can earn a $50 bonus.
- Visit the following promotional page.
- Open an account, User the following reference code 50WS10 and deposit $50 or more by 3/31/2011.
- ShareBuilder will deposit a $50 bonus 4-6 weeks after your initial deposit
- The $50 bonus cannot be withdrawn for 90 days after awarded
You may want to note, that in the terms, ShareBuilder holds the right to remove the offer at anytime so if you are interested, you should probably not wait until the last day as account sign ups may exceed their expectations and they could pull the offer.
Learn more about ShareBuilder and their fees.
Step 4 – ShareBuilder Trade Up Bonus
For those who opened a ShareBuilder account, but carry accounts with other Brokers, ShareBuilder and ING Direct are still willing to pay you a $100 cash bonus, BUT, you must transfer $500 or more from the competing broker to ShareBuilder.
Terms and Conditions:
- The $100 bonus offer is available for Individual, Joint and Custodial accounts only. Offer not valid for IRA or Education Savings Accounts.
- The $100 bonus will post to your account approximately 4-6 weeks after completing a full brokerage transfer from a competing broker and is not available for withdrawal for 180 days.
- This offer is not valid with any other offers and is non-transferrable. Limit one ShareBuilder promotional award per unique customer or custodial beneficiary.
As with the last ShareBuilder bonus, the terms highlight that they reserve the right to terminate this offer at any time or refuse to award the bonus if any terms of ShareBuilder Account Agreement has been violated.