A pretty lucrative rewards checking account was sent in to us yesterday by BankVibe.com reader Airin. It’s called a “Green Rewards” checking account and comes from Hancock Bank and Trust out of Kentucky. This “Green Rewards” checking account comes with a whopping 3.50% APY for those who can meet their monthly requirements, plus it’s available online.
In today’s CD rate environment, any account yielding above 2.0% APY is remarkable and like bank deposits, this account is FDIC insured.
Summary of Account:
- No monthly fee, no minimum balance—ever
- Earn 3.50% APY* on balances up to $40,000
- Earn 0.75% APY* on amount of balance above $40,000
- Earn 0.10% APY* on entire balance if qualifications are not met
- ATM fees refunded nationwide (up to $20 per monthly cycle)
- Unlimited Check Writing
- Can link to Green Rewards Savings to build savings automatically
- Free MasterCard debit card
- Free online banking with bill pay
- Free e-Statements
- Free telephone banking
- Free first order of recycled paper checks
- Personal accounts only
- $100 minimum deposit to open (no minimum thereafter)
- FDIC insured
Requirements to earn the 3.50% APY:
each month you must do the following…
- Make 12 debit card purchases
- Have at least one direct deposit or automatic payment
- Receive free e-Statements
To learn more about this account or to open one online visit hancockbankonline.com.