We were forwarded a decent set of both fixed rate and adjustable rate mortgage offers coming out of Granite Credit Union of Salt Lake City, Utah.
And since they were beating the current national average by a decent margin, we thought we’d quickly cover not only the mortgage rates provided by them but also dig into their history and who they are as well.
About Granite Credit Union:
Granite Credit Union, founded in the mid-80′s, is now within the top 10 largest banking institutions in the state of Utah (by asset size and membership). As of 2012, they have a little over $340 million in total assets and a little over 30,000 members. They have an A+ rating on the BBB (Better Business Bureau) with zero registered complaints in the last 12 months.
Mortgage Rates offered through Granite Credit Union:
(Rates accurate as of Jan 2011. Get today’s mortgage rates by Granite Bank at Granite.org)
- 15 year fixed rate mortgage with interest rate of 4.250% and APY of 4.586%.
- 30 year fixed rate mortgage with interest rate of 5.00% and APY of 5.20%.
- 3/1 ARM (adjustable rate mortgage) with interest rate of 4.250% and APY of 4.55%.
- 5/1 ARM (adjustable rate mortgage) with interest rate of 4.625% and APY of 4.825%.
- 7/1 ARM (adjustable rate mortgage) with interest rate of 5.125% and APY of 5.325%.
Compare with Today’s Lowest Mortgage Rates in your Area Below:
1) Join Granite Credit Union by filling out our online membership application (@ Granite.org).
2) To open an account at a branch office, you must bring:
- Government issued ID and another form of ID
- A document showing a social security number such as Social Security Card, a copy of a Social Security Card, or a payroll stub.
- Cash or a check for at least $25.00 payable to Granite Credit Union.
If you have experience with obtaining a home loan or refinancing a mortgage through Granite Credit Union, please share by leaving a comment.