Update – If you live in the Pacific Northwest and have noticed a much larger presence by Union Bank lately, that is likely due to the fact that they took over the regional giant Frontier Bank in 2010. Frontier Bank – with almost $3.6 billion in assets – made a significant amount of crummy real estate loans which has inevitably forced them to give up control of their 50 branches and brand name in the region. Visit UnionBank.com for updated rate information or find the top deposit rates in Washington State from our archives.
- Offer from Archive -
Frontier Bank has several noteworthy CD rates currently available throughout the country. Unlike most of the high interest CD rates we have covered lately, these rates come with no geographical restrictions and can be opened online.
To fund these accounts you will need to conduct an ACH wire transfer and your rate will be locked in with the application so long as they receive your deposit within 5 days.
To open an account in person you will need to visit one of their branches which are located throughout Washington state and Oregon. If you’re considering opening a checking account as well with Frontier Bank they have over 13,000 ATM locations throughout the country.
Current Certificate of Deposit Rates:
(as seen on their rates page)
- 12 month CD yielding an interest rate of 2.23% with a minimum deposit of $500. If you deposit $50k or more then this rate becomes 2.27%.
- 2 year CD yielding an interest rate of 2.70% with the $500 deposit or 2.80% with the $50k + deposit.
- 3 year CD yielding 2.80% APY with $500 deposited or 3.00% APY with $50,000 or more deposited.
- 4 year CD yielding 3.05% APY with a deposit of $500 – $49,999 and a 3.25% APY with a deposit of over $50k
- Their 5 year CD yields 3.30% APY with a $500 – $24,999 deposit, a 3.40% APY with a $25,000 to $49,999 deposit and a 3.50% APY with a deposit of $50,000 or more
Frontier Bank is member FDIC and your deposits will be federally insured up to $250,000. You may also open up an account via telephone. Contact: (888) 779-4801.
If you have experience in banking with Frontier Bank, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment.