As many of you may remember, the Discover More credit card was one of the most unique opportunities around. And while the name has changed – now known as the Discover “it”® credit card – many of the same details still apply.
Discover it® Credit Card Quick Look:
- The new Discover it card is out to change the way people think about credit cards.
- Fair…no annual fee. No overlimit fee. No foreign transactions fee & no pay-by-phone fee. No late fee on your first late payment. And we won’t increase your APR for paying late*
- Generous…5% cash back at restaurants and movies right now through March on up to $1,500 in purchases with free and easy sign-up. And 1% cash back on all other purchases*
- Plus a Cash Back ConciergeSM who guides a free, personalized online tour to help you get the most rewards for how you use your card
- Flexible…Choose your own due date and pay up to midnight ET online or by phone
- Human…talk to a real person any time with 100% U.S.-based service
- 0% Intro APR on balance transfers for 18 months. Then the variable purchase APR applies, currently 10.99-22.00 Variable*
- 0% Intro APR on purchases for 6 months. Then the variable purchase APR applies, currently 110.99-22.00 Variable*. *Click apply for Terms & Conditions
There is one feature that sets this card apart from the competition: users receive 5 percent cash back in categories that rotate throughout the year. These include but are not limited to: department stores, restaurants, and gas stations.
Discover “it” 5% Cash Back (Jan – March 2013):
Discover “it” 5% Cash Back (April – June 2013):
Discover “it” 5% Cash Back (July – September 2013):
Discover “it” 5% Cash Back (October – December 2013):
Maxing out each category every quarter could net you up to $300 in cash back annually. ($1500 x 5% = $75 each quarter OR $300 annually). Not too shabby for a rewards credit card with zero fees!
Of course, purchases that are not within the designated category for a specific time period still result in 1 percent cash back.
To go along with this benefit, the Discover it credit card comes with a “cashback concierge” feature. With this, you are able to call a one-on-one expert who will review your account and help you better understand how to receive the most cash back possible.
Competitive Promo Rates
Like many credit cards, the Discover it offer comes with low promo rates. This includes:
- No annual fee
- 0 percent APR for the first 14 months on all purchases and balance transfers
- After the initial period expires, a 10.99-22.00 Variable* percent standard variable purchase APR applies
- A 3 percent fee for all balance transfers
When compared to other similar credit cards, there are additional benefits that set it apart from the competition. These include the following:
- 100 percent US based customer service for fast and efficient assistance
- No over limit or foreign transaction fees
- The ability to choose your payment due date
- The opportunity to lower your rate or payment due to a job loss
- A late payment will not lead to an increased APR (we all make mistakes)
Past Rewards Partners
- Alamo Rent A Car®
- Big City Chefs
- Carnival® Cruise Lines
- Celebrity Cruises®
- Enterprise Rent-a-Car
- Great American Days
- Holland America
- Hyatt® Hotels & Resorts
- Kalamazoo Outdoor Gourmet™ Grills
- Mrs. Fields
- National Car Rental
- Norwegian Cruise Line
- Princess Cruises
- Royal Caribbean® International
- Samsonite® Company Stores
- Sandals® Resorts
- Ultra Diamonds
- Universal Orlando® Resorts
As you can see by now, the Discover it credit card is anything but “typical.” Its unique cash back calendar, coupled with a variety of other benefits, has pushed it to become one of the most popular offers available to today’s consumer.