Security Service Federal Credit Union is the fifth largest credit union in the country in terms of membership (roughly 700,000 members) and tenth largest in terms of assets (roughly $5 billion).
Security Service Federal Credit Union began in 1956 with eight members and $25 in deposits. This not-for-profit, member-owned financial institution was founded to serve the financial needs of the U.S. Air Force Security Service Command. The credit union charter has expanded to serve more than 700,000 members and more than 1,000 ways to join including several geographic locations.
Headquartered in San Antonio, with 36 service centers in South Texas and 14 facilities in Colorado, Security Service is the largest credit union in Texas and in San Antonio and the 9th largest in the nation. In addition, SSFCU serves members in South Bexar County, those inside Loop 410 and Boerne, Medina, Uvalde, Atascosa, El Paso, Aransas, Nueces, San Patricio, Hidalgo, and Cameron counties in Texas; and South El Paso County, Pueblo and Denver counties in Colorado. SSFCU will continue to capitalize on its strength of providing superior service to its members that has been the credit union’s tradition since 1956.
Its deposit accounts offer dividends with great interest rates. You can open a certificate of deposit account ranging from 3 months to 7 years and earn the following interest rates:
- 3 month Certificate earns you between 1.00% APY and 1.15% APY depending on deposit amount.
- 6 month Certificate earns you between 1.15% APY and 1.30% APY depending on deposit amount.
- 15 month Certificate earns you between 1.65% and 1.80% APY depending on deposit amount.
- 1 Year Certificate earns you between 1.55% and 1.70% APY depending on deposit amount.
- 2 Years Certificate earns you between 1.90% and 2.05% APY depending on deposit amount.
- 3 Years Certificate earns you between 2.40% and 2.55% APY depending on deposit amount.
- 5 Years Certificate earns you between 2.95% and 3.10% APY depending on deposit amount.
- 7 Years Certificate earns you between 3.55% and 3.70% APY depending on deposit amount
@ The above rates have been noted as on 19 Novemeber, 2009.
@ Penalties apply for early withdrawals.
@ Your funds are insured by NCUA up to $250,000.
A minimum deposit of $500 is required for the CD accounts.
Membership is available in over 1,000 different ways. You may qualify based on where you live, who you work for, relatives in your extended family, and much more.
address: 16211 La Centera Parkway San Antonio, TX. 78256-2419