DFCU, headquartered in New England, is the 10th largest credit union in the United States by membership (roughly 400,000 members) and 13th largest by assets (controlling roughly $4.5 billion).
Its deposit accounts offer dividends with interest rates that allow your savings to grow over time. You can open a certificate of deposit account ranging from 3 months to 5 years and earn the following interest rates:
- 3 month Certificate earns you 0.50% interest, 0.50% APY.
- 6 month Certificate earns you 0.84% interest, 0.84% APY.
- 12 month Certificate earns you 1.04% interest, 1.05% APY.
- 2 Year Certificate earns you 1.19% interest, 1.20% APY.
- 3 Years Certificate earns you 1.68% interest, 1.69% APY.
- 4 Years Certificate earns you 2.17% interest, 2.19% APY.
- 5 Years Certificate earns you 2.66% interest, 2.70% APY
@ The above rates have been noted as on 24 Novemeber, 2009.
@ Penalties apply for early withdrawals.
@ Your funds are insured by NCUA up to $250,000.
You must make a minimum deposit of at least $500 to open a certificate of deposit.
Membership eligibility is approved by employment, geography and through family members. Click here to see if you qualify for membership.
DFCU has 14 branches in Massachusetts, 3 branches in New Hampshire, 1 branch in Colorado as well as 1 branch in Georgia. They also have hundreds of ATM’s and affiliate ATM’s throughout the United States.
Phone: (800) 328-8797
Address: Digital Federal Credit Union. 220 Donald Lynch Blvd. Marlborough, MA 01752