Bethpage Federal Credit Union, out of Long Island, New York, is one of the larger credit unions in the country with roughly $3.2 billion in assets and 165,000 members. As per the date of this article they are also offering some very respectable mortgage APR’s on their fixed and adjustable rate products. (Go to our mortgage center for today’s current APR’s from banks and credit unions around the country.)
Who is Bethpage Federal Credit Union?
Their members are primarily made up of Long Island residents of all social classes – although they do open their arms to potential customers around the country (expect for Texas). Originally established in 1941, Bethpage Federal Credit Union has grown to be the largest credit union in New York and within the top 20 credit unions nationwide. They control roughly $4.3 billion in consumer deposits and service nearly $2.5 billion in loans.
Mortgage Rates offered through Bethpage Federal Credit Union:
(Rates accurate as of July 2010)
- Fixed rate 10 year conforming mortgage with APR of 3.804% (with no points).
- Fixed rate 15 year conforming mortgage with APR of 4.00% (with no points).
- Fixed rate 20 year conforming mortgage with APR of 4.349% (with no points).
- Fixed rate 30 year conforming mortgage with APR of 4.572% (with no points).
- No Closing ARM with APR of 2.92% (with no points).
- 3/1 ARM conforming mortgage with APR of 3.027%
- 3/3 ARM conforming mortgage with APR of 3.576%
- 5/1 ARM conforming mortgage with APR of 3.293%
- 7/1 ARM conforming mortgage with APR of 3.737%
- 10/1 ARM conforming mortgage with APR of 4.094%
Bethpage Federal Credit Union Review and Complaints:
There are a number of reviews left on Bethpage Federal Credit Union online – some good, some bad. However, we use the BBB (Better Business Bureau) to get a better idea of where they stand amongst the customers they serve, simply because online reviews are anonymous and can be ‘faked’ fairly easily.
According to the BBB, Bethpage FCU has a rating of “B+” and a total of 9 complaints – all of which have been closed and resolved. Of the 9 complaints, 5 had to with problems with the product or service, 2 had to do with billing or collection issues and 1 had to do with misleading advertising or sales.
If you have experience with Bethpage Federal Credit Union and their mortgage process, pleas share by leaving a comment!