Last week we were tipped off on (what we believe to be) some of the best mortgage rates available to West Virginia residents, so we thought we’d compile a nice and tidy post highlighting what we found. If you live in West Virginia and are in the market for a new home loan or looking to refinance your existing mortgage you may want to stop by some of the local institutions we’re mentioning below.
Also, as a quick disclaimer, the mortgage rates we are mentioning come in the form of both fixed and adjustable rate mortgages and the overall APR you receive may vary to some degree based on your creditworthiness, duration of the loan, and down payment size (among other factors).
Best Mortgage Rates in WV (Top 5):
(Mortgage Rates accurate as of March 2011. Call or visit the individual institution’s website for current APRs if you believe this post to be outdated.)
- Branch Banking and Trust Company out of Williamson, WV has a 5 year adjustable rate mortgage going for 3.625% APR assuming a down payment of 20% and 0 points.
- Fifth Third Bank out of Kenova, WV has a 5 year adjustable rate mortgage going for 3.875% APR assuming a down payment of 20% and 0 points.
- Centra Bank out of Martinsburg, WV has a 30 year fixed rate mortgage going for 4.970% APR assuming a down payment of 20% and 0 points.
- City National Bank of West Virginia (based out of Winfield, WV) has a 30 year fixed rate mortgage going for 5.250% APR assuming a down payment of 20% and 0 points.
- First Sentry Bank out of Huntington, WV has a 15 year fixed rate mortgage going for 4.375% APR assuming a down payment of 20% and 0 points.
If you live in WV and know of some lower mortgage rates offered through your bank or credit union, please feel free to share by leaving a comment in our comment section.