Below are the highest yielding CD (certificate of deposit) rates available to the residents of Reston, Virginia. These come in the form of 6 month CDs, 12 month CDs and 24 month CDs. After sorting through dozens of rate pages by local community banks and credit unions serving the city of Reston as well as the state of Virginia, we found that for the most part, you will be able to receive slightly better rates with national institutions than with local ones.
Keep in mind interest rates are time-sensitive in nature, so you will want to refer to the date of this article for accuracy. To get the most CD current rates from national banks, compare CD rates nationwide.
How did we compile this list? As you are probably aware, higher CD rates tend to accompany longer maturities and since we did not want to strictly list long maturity CD’s we decided to list the deposit rates which beat the national average by the highest margins.
Best 6 month CD rates in Reston, Virginia:
- EDS Credit Union has a 6 month CD as well as a 9 month CD yielding 2.0% and 2.20% APY, respectively. EDS CU has several locations (including both physical branch locations and ATMs) in the state of Virginia, including Reston and Herndon.
- UFB Direct has a 6 month CD yielding 1.80% APY with a minimum deposit of $8000. UFB is a national bank and can accept deposits nationwide.
- Greater Atlantic Bank has a 7 month CD yielding 1.80% APY with a minimum deposit amount of $10,000. Greater Atlantic Bank has physical branch locations in Reston, VA.
Best 12 month CD rates in Reston, Virginia:
- EDS Credit Union has a 12 month CD yielding 2.10% APY with a minimum deposit requirement of just $250. They also have the 9 month CD (promotional offer) yielding 2.20% APY but this comes with a minimum deposit of $1,000
- Freedom Bank of Virginia has a 12 month CD yielding 2.0% APY with a minimum deposit requirement of $2,500. They have locations in Reston and Fairfax, VA.
- Greater Atlantic Bank of Reston, Virginia has a 13 month CD yielding 2.0% APY with a minimum deposit requirement of $10,000
Best 24 month CD rates in Reston, Virginia:
- Millennium Bank, National Association has a 24 month CD yielding 2.65% APY with a minimum deposit requirement of $1,000. Millennium Bank has several locations in the northeast and has physical branch(s) in Reston, VA.
- Alliance Bank Corp. has a 12 month CD yielding 2.45% APY with a minimum deposit of $500. They have locations in both Fairfax, VA and Reston.
- Northwest Federal Credit Union has a 12 month CD yielding 2.30% APY with a minimum deposit of $500. Northwest FCU has locations in both Reston and Chantilly, VA.