Below are the highest yielding CD (certificate of deposit) rates available to the residents of Atlanta, GA. The institutions we will cover all include the following cities in Georgia: Cumming, Norcross, Alpharetta, Smyrna, Newnan, Albany, Augusta, Dalton, and Macon. These come in the form of 6 month CDs, 12 month CDs and 24 month CDs. After sorting through dozens of rate pages by local community banks and credit unions serving the city of Atlanta as well as the state of Georgia, we found that for the most part, you will be able to receive slightly better rates with local institutions than with national ones.
Keep in mind interest rates are time-sensitive in nature, so you will want to refer to the date of this article for accuracy. To get the most CD current rates from national banks, compare CD rates nationwide.
How did we compile this list? As you are probably aware, higher CD rates tend to accompany longer maturities and since we did not want to strictly list long maturity CD’s we decided to list the deposit rates which beat the national average by the highest margins.
Best 6 month CD rates in Atlanta, GA:
- Wings Financial Federal Credit Union has a 6 month CD yielding 2.38% APY with a minimum deposit of $500 required. Wings has locations throughout Georgia and physical branch locations in Atlanta.
- Atlanta Postal Credit Union has a 6 month CD yielding 2.25% APY with a minimum deposit of $500 required.
- Sunrise bank of Atlanta has a 6 month CD yielding 2.14% APY with a minimum deposit of $1,000 required.
Best 12 month CD rates in Atlanta, GA:
- Wings Financial Credit Union also has a 12 month CD yielding a whopping 2.78% APY with a minimum deposit of only $500 required.
- Sunrise Bank of Atlanta also has a 14 month CD yielding 2.55% APY with a minimum deposit of $10,000 required.
- Buckhead Community Bank National Association has a 12 month CD yielding 2.35% APY with a minimum balance of $500 required.
Best 24 month CD rates in Atlanta, GA:
- Wings Financial Credit Union tops the list for 24 month CD’s as well. They have a 24 month CD yielding 2.99% APY and a 27 month CD yielding 3.09% APY.
- Midtown Bank and Trust Company has a 24 month CD yielding 2.75% APY with a minimum deposit of $1,000 required.
- One Georgia Bank has a 24 month CD yielding 2.75% APY with a minimum deposit of $1,000 required.