Here is the most recent Bank of West checking account deal. It’s $150 bonus for a new checking account that is released based on two qualifying actions. The first is a direct deposit. You must make a direct deposit of at least $250 by the end of May 2013. You will receive the additional $50 once you’ve made a total of 10 debit card transactions with the new account. You will need to complete the 10 transactions by the end of May this year as well.
Accounts available to residents in the following states only:
Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming
- Archived Bank of West Checking Deals -
After being tipped off in the comment section of our recent post covering the best checking account promotions in 2011 of a superb $100 checking account bonus by Bank of the West, we thought it was appropriate to give our readers a full write-up of the deal. When coincidentally covering Bank of the West’s mortgage rates yesterday, we uncovered the complete terms and conditions of this checking bonus. Here’s what we found…
Get a $100 bonus for opening any of Bank of the West’s 3 checking accounts:
Their three checking accounts include a “free checking” account, a “choice interest checking” account, and a “choice ATM checking” account. As a quick disclaimer – their interest checking account should probably not be eligible to hold that title since it’s yields are only between 0.05% and 0.10% APY currently depending on your balance.
Terms and Conditions to Obtain the $100 Bonus:
- Offer not available for existing Bank of the West checking customers with an open account as of 1/31/11.
- Offer valid for new personal checking accounts opened from 2/14/11–3/25/11 with a minimum checking account opening deposit of $100 or more with funds new to Bank of the West.
- New personal checking account customers must either establish a monthly direct deposit of $250+ each deposit with the first deposit posting to the account within 60 calendar days of account opening or, make 10 payments of at least $25 per payment to a third party business using Bank of the West Online Banking within 60 calendar days of account opening.
- Two or more direct deposits that add up to $250 do not qualify.
- The 10 bill payments must be successfully completed and payment posted to your account within the promotional period to qualify Offer subject to change or termination without prior notice at the Bank’s discretion.
- Offer cannot be combined with any other offer and does not apply to second or multiple checking accounts.
- Limit of one $100 bonus per address per 13-month period.
- Customers who received a bonus from Bank of the West between 1/1/10 to 1/31/11 are not eligible.
- Account must be in good standing to be eligible to receive the bonus.
- Accounts with a zero balance, overdrawn or closed at the time the bonus is awarded are not eligible.