We just got tipped off on a nice checking account bonus through Bank of America (thanks to BankVibe.com reader Justin for submitting this offer!).
However, before you get too excited about this one be sure to read the fine print to understand exactly what it entails.
First, you must have a Bank of America credit card to earn the $200+ in statement credits.
Second, the bonus structure is set up so that you’ll earn parts of the $200+ over a 6 month period.
Here is how it works:
The first step to getting a bonus is opening an account. Make sure CHC220OL appears in the offer code section of the application.
- Complete the online application
- Establish Direct Deposit within 3 months and receive $100 in statement credits.
- Pay your Bank of America credit card online from your new checking account and earn a $20 statement credit—every month.
Terms and Conditions:
- This is a special limited time offer available to existing Bank of America credit card customers whose accounts are open and in good standing who do not currently have a personal checking account.
- Limited time offer available only for accounts opened online with offer code CHC220OL.
- This offer expires 12/4/2010.
- To be eligible, you must open a new personal checking account online.
- Payments received late will not qualify.
- The $20 credit is valid for each of the first six months you have your new checking account, with a maximum payout of $120 ($20 x 6 months=$120). Qualified online payment methods include Bill Pay, Transfers (one-time or recurring) and Pay By Phone.
- Your statement credit(s) will be applied to your credit card account within 60 days after the date of each qualifying transaction, provided that both your credit card and checking accounts are open and in good standing.
- The statement credit will be applied to your existing balance with the highest APR before being applied to any balances with lower APRs.
Visit their promo page here for additional details.